Sacred Heart School 1K/5K Fun Run and Walk â€“ 10:30 A.M.
Oktoberfest 12:00 (noon) â€“ 4:00PM
9:30am: Sacred Heart School 1K/5K Fun Run and Walk â€“ Race Day Registration is between 9:30am and 10:15am on Freeport Main Street. 1K race begins at 10:30 am and 5 K race begins approx. 11am. Register online at www.melrose.k12.mn.us then click Community Education or pick a form up at the Sacred Heart School. Questions please contact Amy Van Beck at 320-290-8801. A St. Cloud Morning Optimist Club and BLEND sponsored event.
- 12:30pm â€“ 1:30pm: Soup/Chili cook-off â€“ Serving time â€“registration forms and details are located at the Central MN Credit Union â€“ Freeport office or call 1-866-334-7279 ext 1403 and ask for Tammy Reis. (3 Gallons (12qts) soup minimum for each entry) â€“ NO CHARGE TO ENTER. Prizes:
Also Engraved Wooden Spoons will be given for the top 3 places, donated by The Peripheral Vision. Costs per bowl to taste and judge soup:
- 1st place: $100.00 Freeport Chamber Bucks
- 2nd place: $50.00 Freeport Chamber Bucks
- 3rd place: $25.00 Freeport Chamber Bucks
All proceeds go to the Freeport Chamber of Commerce.
- $5.00 per adult
- $2.00 per child (10 and under)
- 1:00pm â€“ 3:00pm: Kids Pedal Pull â€“ sponsored by Central MN Credit Union and Albany Mutual Telephone
- 12:30pm â€“ 2:00pm: Vic Tschida Band â€“ sponsored by Freeport State Bank
- 2:30pm â€“ 3:30pm: Jesse Kuechle Childrenâ€™s Sing along â€“ Sponsored by local businesses
- 12:00pm â€“ 1:00pm: RC Car Stunt Show (Remote cars) â€“ sponsored by Hoeschen Auto
- Pumpkin Decorating â€“ sponsored by Scherping Electric***Pumpkins donated and grown by Fr Roger
- Kids Bouncy Tent â€“ sponsored by Hennen Flooring and Hennen Lumber
- Tractor Display â€“ sponsored by Al Beste
- Fire Truck Display â€“ sponsored by the Freeport Fire Dept
- Face Painting and Kid Games â€“ sponsored by Tri-City Christian Center
- Open face boards â€“ sponsored by Central MN Credit Union and Freeport State Bank and Hennen Lumber
- Train Rides for Children â€“ Sponsored by the Freeport Farm Center
- Hayrides â€“ sponsored by Freeport Farm Center
4:00pm Outdoor Polka Mass on Main Street with the German Band â€śThe Nite Owlsâ€ť (Weather permitting- in case of rain, mass will be at the Sacred Heart Church)
- Authentic German menu â€“ at Charlies CafĂ©
- Brats / Chips and Cheese â€“ sponsored by Ackies Pioneer Inn
- Fried Bread â€“ sponsored by the Sacred Heart School
Oktoberfest Vendor/Booth Entry Form
- Sentsy â€“ Melissa Eisenschenk
- Tastfully Simple â€“ Linda Gertken
- Pampered Chef â€“ Jennifer Scherping
- Golden Pride/Rawleigh Natureâ€™s Pearl -Jane Scherping
- Young Living Essential Oils â€“ Laura Moening
- Herbalife â€“ RaeJeanna Rivera
- Solid Oak Carbles Boards â€“ Devin Middendorf
- Mary Kay â€“ Teresa Bogie
- Farmerâ€™s Market Vendors
- Otteâ€™s Old Fashioned Kettle Corn
Oktoberfest 2012 Soup Chili Cook Off
October 6th, 2012 (Sat.) 12pm â€“ 4pm
Oktoberfest Soup/Chili Cook-Off Entry Form
- Entries are to be stew or soup based. No casseroles, fried or baked dishes will be allowed.
- All cooking supplies and ingredients are to be supplied by each cooking team including a generator and extension cords.
- Large tent to be provided by Chamber.
- Basic health codes for event cooking shall be followed during preparation and distribution of samples. It will be the responsibility of each team captain to maintain a healthy food-safe environment as possible throughout the event.
- Each team is to make a minimum of 12 gts. ( 3 gal.) of their entree.
- Serving time is from 12:30 p.m. â€“ 1 :30 p.m. for public sampling or until gone.
- Cooking area must be in open view to the public and tidy at all times.
- Soup / Chili can be cooked ahead of time and brought to the event.
- Park outside the Oktoberfest area.
- Cookers be ready to serve by 12:15pm.
TEAM GUIDE LINES
- Teams / individuals must pre-register in order to enter the contest; the entry form must be received no later than Friday, September 28th, 2012. Space is limited, so register early.
- Each team is to have a team name.
- Contestants are responsible for supplying all of their own cooking utensils, generator, extension cords and etc.
- Each team is to supply their own water for cleaning purposes.
- Means of heating shall be a Coleman type cook stove, propane cook top, grill or crock pot. No charcoal or wood burning grills.
- Team is to decorate their booth with an Oktoberfest theme.
- Teams will be permitted to set up their equipment, decorations and cooking areas anytime after 11:00am on Sat. Oct. 6st, 2012. Loading and unloading will only be allowed in designated area.
- Oktoberfest will not furnish any tables, chairs, or other supplies. All supplies are the responsibility of the contestants.
- No team shall sell any samples or any other items directly to the public. Sampling bowls will be sold by Oktoberfest staff only.
- No vehicles, trailers or pull behind cookers will be allowed to travel into or be staged as part of any teams cooking area.
- Each team will have an 8x8 cooking area.
- It will be the responsibility of each team to clean up their cooking site at the end of the event. Trash receptacles will be provided by Oktoberfest.
- ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES â€“ No team will be allowed to bring alcohol onto Oktoberfest grounds.
- Judging will be based on taste, service and theme / booth decorations.
- Each person purchasing a bowl will receive a form for them to judge your
- The judging forms will be collected throughout the event. Winning teams will be announced at the Polka Mass and will be posted on the Freeport Chamber
- The team with the highest score will receive $100 in Freeport Chamber Bucks, second place $ 50.00 in Freeport Chamber Bucks and third place $ 25.00 in Freeport Chamber Bucks.
This event is to be FUN and ENJOYABLE.
Thanks for participating.
Tammy Reis 1-866-334-7279 ext 1403 or email@example.com
Marlene Blommel 1-320-256-7208 or firstname.lastname@example.org